Creating an account on the Children's Forum Portal
- Visit the site login.thechildrensforum.com
Go to the login page.
Click the link to create a new account
Type your information into the form. Be sure to use a personal email address. The
email address linked to your account can't be used for any other account on the Children's Forum
Portal. Don't have a personal email account? Email accounts are free and available from many
providers including Gmail,
Enter the letters and/or numbers from the CAPTCHA picture into the box. If you can't read the
text, click the circular button to get a new picture with new text.
Click the SUBMIT button
Between 5 and 15 minutes after you click the SUBMIT button, you will receive an email from
"firstname.lastname@example.org" in the email account entered in step 4. The email
subject will be "Confirm your new Childrens Forum portal account". If, after 15 minutes,
you have not received this email please check your SPAM folder.
Click the link in the email. If for some reason you are unable to click the link, you can also
copy the link text and paste it into your browser's address bar.
The link will bring you back to the Children's Forum Portal to a page allowing you to set your
password. Type in your password in the first and second boxes. There are rules that
limit what passwords will be acceptable to the Portal website. The password must:
- be at least 8 characters long.
- contain at least one (1) lower case letter.
- contain at least one (1) UPPER case letter.
- contain at least one (1) non-letter such as a number or any of the symbols above the number keys like the dollar sign, percent sign, or exclamation mark.
- Click the SUBMIT button.
- Your password is now set and your account can be accessed. Please login to use the Children's Forum Portal.